Stir fry teriyaki shrimp and zucchini noodles – A delicious, low-carb, healthy weeknight dinner made with spiraled zucchini and shrimp with teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame seeds. This stir fry is so quick and easy to make, and takes less than 20 minutes in total!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peel and devein (keep the tail on if you want)
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini, julienne or spiraled
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, sesame seeds, teriyaki sauce and oil. Marinate shrimp in this mixture for 10 minutes. This gives you enough time to prepare the other ingredients.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp from the marinade and cook for 2 minutes in the skillet, flip, and cook for 1 more minute before putting aside in a plate.
3. In the same skillet. Add minced onion and zucchini noodles and cook until just cooked but still crunchy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the remaining marinade. Cook for one minute more then add shrimp back to the skillet. Toss everything to combine and remove from heat. Serve the shrimp and zucchini noodles immediately, sprinkled with additional sesame seeds.